2.04.2009

Not so Mellow Yellow


photo: The Sartorialist

Personally, I can't wear yellow against my face-it totally washes me out, but I love the way yellow livens up an outfit-like this. I find yellow shoes especially fetching:






Top: 1, 2: Old Navy Bottom: Boden USA, Old Navy

The rain boots are only $24.50, or you could try Saks Fifth Avenue for a similar version at $115.



And, who can forget the beautiful Latika from "Slumdog Millionaire" dancing joyously at the end of the movie in her huge yellow scarf?




Urban Outfitters, Boden USA, Target



Grab a bright yellow hand bag on your way out the door to transform a drab outfit.




Slipstitch Satchel, Urban Outfitters; Tory Burch Clutch, Nordstrom; Rebecca Minkoff canvas tote, Nordstrom.


Or, if you are blessed enough to have some pigment in your skin, try framing your face with sunshine:



Earrings: Old Navy; watch:Boden USA; Necklace: J.Crew

What is your favorite way to wear yellow?

2 comments:

  1. I Love Love Love yellow!! Those shoes are so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that yellow accessories are the way to go when it isn't quite your color. Beautiful picks!

    ReplyDelete